Monday, October 10, 2016

September 26

We had a lot more success this week than we did in that last week. We found a lot of new investigators and we were able to recieve a lot of references from members and other people that we met. This Sunday we had a member help us by bringing one of our investigators to the church. She was also able to sit by her during the services and it was a big help. If only we can find members like her for all our investigators haha.
We just had our district meeting that I was in charge of and I was not as prepared as I should have been, but it turned out really great! We talked about how we help the less active members and how to ask them for references, we talked about a topic called, How to begin teaching, and we talked about attributes of Christ. It was really neat. I have to leave a compromise or a challenge for all the Elders at the end of the meeting. I shared a scripture that I found in the week in Doctrine and Covenants 112. It talks about the 12 apostals . I changed it up so it talked about missionaries. It talks about a lot of the attributes of Christ and at the end it said that if we work with these attributes an effective door will be opened up for them from that moment and on. It was a really neat meeting and I hope that all the Elders in my district can try and find the effective doors in their areas.
Today we went to the center of the city and we didn't really do much. We walked around and my companion wanted to buy a watch. I just went and bought some churros and thats all I bought. It was a good week in all. I did divisions with some Elders in my district this week also to help them out with the way they teach and with things they need help on. It is a really fun job I have. Hope everyone else had a great week!
Love Elder Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment