Thursday, January 12, 2017

December 26, 2016


I haven't written for a couple weeks so I figured I needed to write to everyone again. We have been having a lot of success in our new area. I got moved to a City called Nezahualcoyotl. It is huge with about 7 million people living in it. I got moved here with another Elder, Elder Arroyo. We both got here at the same time so we are opening up the area. The only difference is that we are opening it up as Zone Leaders. He has been a Zone Leader for about 5 months, but he has never opened up an area as one. It is actually pretty easy here because it is a really small area. It is a area of 7 streets by 22 streets. Every street has about 400 houses in it. We can get around everywhere pretty quick and without having to use transportation.

The other Elders that where here left us with a lot of work. They had about 4 or 5 baptism dates all set up and we put another 3 with people we found. We were able to baptize a girl last Saturday and this Saturday we are planning on baptizing another! It is pretty interesting being Zone Leader. I have to report with all the Elders in my zone every night and then Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday we report with the Asisstants.

We had a ward Christmas party last Monday. We got there a little bit late cause we had a little activity after the District Meeting. One of the Elders brought a bag of Habanero Peppers. They are some of the spiciest peppers that they have here in Mexico. The good thing about these peppers is that it isn't bad for your stomach. Everyone had to eat one and they started from the top of the leadership pole. First went one of the Assistants, then me and so on. I bit half of it and then it started getting really spicy until if gave me hiccups! I thought that one of the hiccups was going to make me throw up so I ran to the bathroom! It was a pretty crazy activity haha. The Christmas party was pretty fun as well. We missed the devotional at the beginning but we made it in time for the party and all. We had to leave early but they said it went until 2 in the morning! Pretty crazy!

Not much has happend here but I hope everyone had a great christmas!
 Love Elder Ivie











No comments:

Post a Comment