Monday, February 22, 2016

February 15, 2016

This week was another pretty slow week. We had another one of our investigators come to church this week so now he is two Sundays away from baptism. They do celebrate Valentines here but it isn't like a huge celebration. We didn't do anything. This week I tried a lote! It is what they have on Nacho Libre. It is corn on the cob with sour cream and chile powder. It is really good! I am pretty use to the spicy food here. Last week I tried some habanero salsa and it wasn't too bad. Chile habanero is the spiciest chile in mexico. We got the February's Liahona this last week and I really liked to story about Lehis dream and the story about happieness. We have been using those stories to teach people using the scriptures. It works out really well! This week I was asked to prepare a talk for Sunday if the speaker didn't show up. I had a talk all planned out but last second on Sunday they showed up. I actually wanted to give the talk because I already had it all planned out. It is a good thing that today during our district meeting we all have to give a 5 minute lesson in our second language. The latinos have to give a lesson in English or whatever language they are studying. I am pretty excited actually! Today for our p-day we went and played some soccer and basketball at the chruch then went to the mall and ate at burger king! It was a pretty fun day. I also learned how to solve a rubic cube in like 30 minutes from an Elder that is from the Dominican Republic. It is pretty funny he is like super black and I am super white and we are almost always together messing around with trompos or something. Trompos are little mexican toys like tops. This upcoming week we hope to have about four of our investigators come to church. We found two new ones this week and they sell hamburgers so hopefully we will get free hamburgers this week! haha. This last week there was apparently an earthquake in our area. I was asleep so I didn't even know it happend. We have a bunch of food and water so if anything happens we are prepared. And we are being careful don't worry! Hope everyone has another great week!
Love Elder Ivie






 

No comments:

Post a Comment