Monday, October 19, 2015

1st Day in Mexico - October 12, 2015

We woke up this morning at 4:20 and went and got on a bus. They dropped us off at the train station with our luggage and we rode that all the way up to Salt Lake City. Our flight took off at 10:05 and we landed at about 4:00. Once I got off the plane we waited in lines to show them our passports and we got our bags and as soon as I walked out the sliding doors my mission president was there to give me a big hug! He is already the coolest guy ever! We talked a bunch about the mission and how the MTC was. We went and
got in his car with his wife, the two assistants, and one other missionary that was on the flight with me from Salt Lake. We then drove to the mission office which is outside of my mission and I am going to be staying here for the night. I had a interview with him and he asked me what I wanted him to pray about for my family. So I told him to pray so that you guys could have peace and comfort while I am gone. It was an amazing prayer. We then just talked about a bunch of random stuff and it was awesome! He saw my bracelet with Nicks name on it so I told him about that and he said he got the email from dad. He told me that he is going to make it so that I will be able to meet with those people and continue the work he started. He said to remind him to send me to one of those areas so that I can do that! He is the nicest guy ever! Miss you guys and hope you are having a great week!
Love Elder Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment