Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 4 - September 26, 2015

Zone
This week has been pretty great in the MTC. The language has been starting to slow down quite a bit. We have memorized a lot of things though! I have the Missionary purpose, the baptismal prayer and baptismal invitation, and the first vision memorized. Anytime we are in a lesson and we are teaching about one of these, my companions just look at me and have me recite them to the investigators. I guess they think I know them better than they do but I really don't. 

Yesterday we had a lesson with our teacher Hermana Anderson and she was playing the role of ceci. We have taught her a couple times and it is hard to try and figure out what their specific needs are. In the lesson yesterday I was able to listen to the spirit and know exactly what she needed to hear. I heard her say something about having hope so I started to talk to her about having hope and how we can have hope through faith in christ. I had her read 2 nephi 31:8-11 and then right after that I asked her, "Segira el ejemplo de jesucristo al ser bautizado por alguien que posea la autoridad del sacerdocio de dios?" aka the baptismal invitation. She paused for a long time. She looked down at the scripture and didn't say anything for like a full minute. It was completely silent. Then she said yes. It was an awesome experience to have yet again another investigator say yes to baptism. Even though it is just a role play, the spirit is so strong. She said it was the best lesson we have given. 

On thursday we taught member TRC which is pretty much like a family home evening lesson. We give a short message to people that are already members. I enjoy it a lot! I think I like it more because the people we teach are really old and talk slow so we can understand exactly what they are saying. It is also easier because they participate a lot! They will share their testimony with you and I love hearing their prayers in spanish! They are incredible. 

On Sunday we had a devotional after dinner and the speaker was the guy from the spoken word. I can't remember his name but it is the guy that says the opening to every general conference. His voice is really cool! We also sang a bunch of songs in between parts of his talk which made it really interesting. Then on tuesday we had a member of the seventy come talk to us. It was Elder Cardon. His talk was really hard to follow and pay attention to. It was just a bunch of scriptures and nobody was really able to tell what his talk was really even about. I could barley stay awake. 
Me and my crew

On wednesday my mom sent us some doughnuts because it was our half way mark here in the MTC. It said happy hump day on the box! There were also a bunch of krispy creme doughnut hats in there so we put them on and walked to class. When we got to class we looked through the peep hole and our teacher was in there. We decided to knock on the door and sing happy birthday to her. We did it and she was so confused it was funny! But she let us eat the doughnuts during class so that was nice. 
MTC Hump Day Doughnuts

Gym is one of my favorite parts of the day. We either go outside and play spike ball.. or go to the gym and I workout on all the equipment on the running track. Spike ball is my favorite thing to do! Me and Elder Harley make a really good team. At the end of the day Elder Martinez, Elder Ainge, Elder Harley and me go into the hall in our residence and we do a insane workout before we go to bed. Elder Martinez is in the army so he is crazy! We do like 100 push ups and in between every ten push ups we do some other workout! It is so tiring but we have to work the food off somehow haha. We started getting a bunch of other Elders to come out and join us cause they hear all the noise from their rooms haha! Elder Ainge was playing basketball yesterday and hurt his thumb, so during class we went to the clinic and they sent us on a little field trip to the BYU student health clinic to get a x-ray. We had to walk there and then after the x-ray we had to walk back to the MTC clinic and find out what the x-ray showed. He broke his thumb. He has to wear this big wrist thing but he thinks it is dumb and never wears it. 

I get my flight plans next week! We are over halfway done with our work here at the MTC! I am so excited to get out of here and be in the real world. It almost feels like a prison here but not at the same time haha. Everything is going great though!

Love Elder Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment