Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 1 - Sept 5, 2015



Hola Everyone,
I am just doing a big mass email to everyone right now, I am not sure what the best way to do this is but we will try it like this. Things have been going pretty good here in the MTC. I met my new companions and my district. I have two companions, Elder Erickson, from Midvale, Utah and Elder Ainge, from Boston. They are both awesome Elders. The rest of my district is amazing as well. There is even my cousin Elder Harley in my district, it's nice to have a familiar face every once in a while.
Elder Erickson, Elder Ivie, Elder Ainge

Elder Harley, Elder Ivie
Left to Right: Elder Matthews, Elder Harley, Elder Erickson, Elder Ainge, Elder Ivie (me), Elder Martinez and Elder Hodson up front. 
 The classes here are really long and for the first two days we had a substitute teacher because our teacher was busy with other classes because when we came into the MTC it sorta messed up the schedule for a bit. Just yesterday we got our teacher and she will be teaching us for the rest of the time. She is pretty cool and its interesting because all she speaks is Spanish. There is absolutely no English that comes out of her mouth.

 The food here is pretty good. The first day we had BYU creamery ice cream. I enjoyed that very much. Last night we taught our very first investigator in Espanol. It went pretty well I think. We have learned how to pray, bare our testimony and I also memorized the missionary purpose in Spanish. Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el Evanhelio resturardo mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su expiacion, y el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del espiritu santos y el perseverar haste el fin. Or something close to that. 

I hope everything is going well for all you guys! I will keep you all in my prayers.
Love, 
Elder Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment