Monday, November 28, 2016

November 21, 2016 Hit by a car with the Holy Ghost

We had a pretty interesting experience this week with feeling the promptings of the Holy Ghost. A couple weeks ago we ran into a lady in the street and she told us she was a member of the church and she just moved here a couple weeks or months ago. She gave her us her direction and so we could pass by one day. This week we decided to go and visit her. I gave her a call and she told us she was up on the mountain but would come down to her house right at that moment to meet us at her house. We got to her street and we saw some guy in the street that kept looking at us and so we just walked by and called the sister again to see where her house was exactly. She said it was the house with the wooden doors. It was the house where the guy was standing. We started walking over there and the guy went inside. I heard him say´They are coming.´ He then came out and asked if we were from the church or something like that and we were like yes. He let us in and told us that they had been waiting for us. As I walked in I saw a shed on the right of me that was made of wood and there was a dim light inside. He told us to enter the house on the other side. When we got passed him he turned to the door to lock it. My companion at that moment told him that we had to make a phone call and that we forgot something. He didn't feel like we should be there right then. Then the guy turned to the door to open it but he took forever. I heard someone inside the shed talking and they said I am in here. It was the old lady we contacted in the street.... I think. Then she started talking more saying she was not feeling good and she was really bad and kept saying it. Right at that moment was when a feeling came over me that was super strong. It is like when you almost get hit by a car and your heart is pounding like crazy. It was a feeling that I will never forget. I knew we needed to get out right then. We left and went to a members house that was close by and didn't go back.  I asked myself what would have happened if we stayed there... but after thinking for a second, I realized that it doesn't matter. What matters is that we responded to the feeling that came to us. It was a crazy and powerful experience we had.
We were planning on having a baptism yesterday but the sister we are teaching got  off work late and wasn't able to make it to church. Also the other investigators we have weren't able to make it either. It is way different to work with three people. We had to move all the other Elders stuff to our house and that took a whole day. It was a really long week. He is actually going to be getting moved to a new area again this Wednesday. It was a good week all in all with some great experiences. Oh yeah we had our interviews with President. I really enjoy them and being able to share the experiences we have and he is able to give us a lot of advice! I hope you all had a great week!
Love Elder Ivie






No comments:

Post a Comment